Yoga in nature
Come and practice gentle yoga, meditation and mindfulnes to the soothing sound of birdsong, breathing in fresh air and surrounded by nature.
Practicing yoga outside is one of my favourite things to do to create feelings of connection, grounding and calm. I have a short practice that I do nearly every day outside, whatever the weather. In the sunshine I relish the feelings of warmth and vitality, in the rain I celebrate the nourishment that the moisture brings to the trees and wildlife. In stormy weather I am reminded of the power of the natural world and that not everything is within my control. I believe that being more aware of the cyclical nature of the seasons enables me to feel more at ease with the cyclical nature of my thoughts and emotions as well as with the seasons of my life.
If you would like to experience the joys of practicing yoga outside then please join me on one of the yoga in nature events that I am running this Summer.
Next yoga walk: Sunday 24th June 2018
Chadkirk Chapel and Country Estate (Vale Road, Romiley, SK6 3LB)
10.00 am - 12.00 pm approximately
Meet in the main car park around 9.45 for a 10.00 departure.
After meeting we will then walk up through Chadkirk woods towards the canal. From here we will walk along the canal and go down the steps to Vale Road. We will then continue down the hill towards Chadkirk Chapel before turning off onto the new path to walk along next to the stream back to the car park.
The walk is about 2 miles long and has one steep section of uphill (using steps) and one steep down hill section (on road). It will be on a mixture of terrain, some surfaced footpaths and some unsurfaced. These are short sections on a single lane road which is shared with cars and cyclists. Please note that the footpath through the woods is prone to mud even in dry weather.
What to bring
- Please wear sensible foot ware (such as walking shoes/boots). Given the dry weather at the moment trainers or equivalent will be suitable if you do not wish to wear walking boots.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather
- Please bring a small back pack containing water, sunscreen, sunhat, insect repellent (if desired).
- Please also bring a waterproof what ever the weather, just in case.
- There is no need to bring a yoga mat as the yoga we will do will be standing. However you might like to bring a small water proof cushion, such as a garden kneeling mat, so that you can be guaranteed a dry spot to sit although we will make use of benches as well for sitting.
If you have any concerns as to your suitability for the walk or if you have any other questions about the yoga in nature event then please do get in touch at email@example.com
Future yoga in nature events:
I am planning a schedule of yoga in nature events of the summer months at different locations and to suit different fitness and mobility levels.
The next event will be on Saturday 21st July 2018 10.00 am (location to be confirmed)