Yoga in nature
Come and practice gentle yoga, meditation and mindfulnes to the soothing sound of birdsong, breathing in fresh air and surrounded by nature.
Practicing yoga outside is one of my favourite things to do to create feelings of connection, grounding and calm. I have a short practice that I do nearly every day outside, whatever the weather. In the sunshine I relish the feelings of warmth and vitality, in the rain I celebrate the nourishment that the moisture brings to the trees and wildlife. In stormy weather I am reminded of the power of the natural world and that not everything is within my control. I believe that being more aware of the cyclical nature of the seasons enables me to feel more at ease with the cyclical nature of my thoughts and emotions as well as with the seasons of my life.
If you would like to experience the joys of practicing yoga outside then please join me on one of the yoga in nature events that I am running this Summer.
Next yoga walk: Saturday 21st July 2018
Chadkirk Chapel and Country Estate, Vale Road, Romiley, Stockport. SK6 3LB
10.00 am - 12.00 pm approximately
Meet in the main car park around 9.45 for a 10.00 departure.
After meeting in the main car park we will then walk up through Kirk woods and on towards the canal. From here we walk along the tow path before descending the steps by the cottages, and down the hill to the Chapel. Then heading back towards the car park after this.
The walk is about 2 miles long and has several sections of uphill and downhill. It will be on a mixture of terrain, some surfaced footpaths and some unsurfaced. These are short sections on a single lane road which is shared with cars and cyclists.
What to bring
- Please wear sensible foot ware (such as walking shoes/boots). Given the dry weather at the moment trainers or equivalent will be suitable if you do not wish to wear walking boots.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather
- Please bring a small back pack containing water, sunscreen, sunhat, insect repellent (if desired).
- Please also bring a waterproof what ever the weather, just in case.
- There is no need to bring a yoga mat as the yoga we will do will be standing. However you might like to bring a small water proof cushion, such as a garden kneeling mat, so that you can be guaranteed a dry spot to sit although we will make use of benches as well for sitting.
If you have any concerns as to your suitability for the walk or if you have any other questions about the yoga in nature event then please do get in touch at email@example.com
Future yoga in nature events:
This will be the last yoga in nature event this year. They will be returning in the Spring of 2019. However I will be hosting an autumn workshop which will include an all weathers walk followed by an inside yoga practice and lunch.