Yoga in nature
Come and practice gentle yoga, meditation and mindfulnes to the soothing sound of birdsong, breathing in fresh air and surrounded by nature.
Practicing yoga outside is one of my favourite things to do to create feelings of connection, grounding and calm. I have a short practice that I do nearly every day outside, whatever the weather. In the sunshine I relish the feelings of warmth and vitality, in the rain I celebrate the nourishment that the moisture brings to the trees and wildlife. In stormy weather I am reminded of the power of the natural world and that not everything is within my control. I believe that being more aware of the cyclical nature of the seasons enables me to feel more at ease with the cyclical nature of my thoughts and emotions as well as with the seasons of my life.
If you would like to experience the joys of practicing yoga outside then please join me on one of the yoga in nature events that I am running this Summer.
Next yoga walk:
To celebrate the Summer Solstice I will be leading a guided yoga walk around Etherow.
Sunday 23rd June 2019 10.00 am - 12.00 midday
Etherow Country Park, George Street, Compstall, Stockport SK6 5JD
We will meet underneath the Café in the main car park and then walk past Wier Cottages and on up to Hirst Cottage. From here we will walk through the woods to Sunny Corner before heading back past Keg pool and returning to the main car park.
This walk takes place on muti-terrain: there are short sections on a shared use track, while most of the walk will be on managed footpaths.
The walk is approximately 3 miles long and contains short sections of steep ascent and descent.
What to bring
- Please wear sensible foot ware (such as walking shoes/boots). Given the dry weather at the moment trainers or equivalent will be suitable if you do not wish to wear walking boots.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather
- Please bring a small back pack containing water, sunscreen, sunhat, insect repellent (if desired).
- Please also bring a waterproof what ever the weather, just in case.
- There is no need to bring a yoga mat as the yoga we will do will be standing. However you might like to bring a small water proof cushion, such as a garden kneeling mat, so that you can be guaranteed a dry spot to sit although we will make use of benches as well for sitting.
If you have any concerns as to your suitability for the walk or if you have any other questions about the yoga in nature event then please do get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org