Spring Vitality Day Retreat
"In Spring the energy that has been accumulating beneath the ground in Winter explodes above the ground. The qualities often associated with Spring are - birth, rapid growth, vibrancy, vitality, creativity renewal, fresh opportunities and new beginnings. There is a power and insistence that is associated with this new life. Spring is assertive"
- Dru yoga for all seasons by Padma McIntyre & Helena Waters
Welcome in the vibrant Spring energy with this day retreat. Learn yoga practices to re-energise and rejuvenate so that you can feel refreshed and ready to enjoy life to the full.
Over the day you will:
- have time away from your daily routine to nurture and support your own wellbeing
- immerse yourself in yoga practices which supports the transition from Winter into Spring so that you can feel more energised, connected and balanced in your body, mind and emotions
- have space to listen deeply to your own intuition
- connect with nature and the seasonal rhythms allowing you to be more grounded, steady and unshakable in your mind and emotions
- have time to reflect on how to sustain your energy levels in your life. Which projects or priorities do you want to place your energies on in the coming growing season? How will you achieve this?
You will leave the day feeling connected to the earth and in harmony with the seasonal flow. You will also have had an opportunity to nurture your body and mind so that you feel energised and rejuvenated. With this sense of revitalisation you can enter the Spring with a sense of enthusiasm and direction for the coming months.
- This day would make an ideal introduction if you always had a desire to try yoga but are unable to make a regular class commitment
- The retreat is also for you if you already experienced yoga and want to take your knowledge to the next level
- Away from the hustle and bustle of daily life, this is for you if you want to spend time nurturing yourself and support your own wellbeing
What to expect:
Upon arrival at Mellor Parish Centre you will be offer a morning drink and refreshment. There will be a morning yoga session combining soft flowing movements of Dru yoga with breathwork. We will also use affirmations and mudra to cultivate a sense of vitality and purpose for this years growing season.
A lunch of seasonal homemade soup and bread will be provided. All food will be vegetarian. Tea and cake will be available later in the afternoon.
After lunch we will take a walk around the countryside Mellor Church, pausing to connect with nature and practicing a little yoga outside too.
The afternoon yoga session will be focused on relaxing deeply with a gentle yoga sequence, guided yoga nidra practice and meditation to finish.
Day retreat programme
10.00 - 10.30 am Arrive and welcome - tea and refreshment
10.30 - 12.15 pm Morning yoga session
12.15 - 1.00 pm Lunch
1.00 - 2.15 pm Walk through the beautiful Mellor countryside
2.15 - 2.45 pm Tea and cake
2.45 - 4.00 pm Afternoon yoga session including yoga nidra and mediation
N.B. This programme is subject to change in the event of adverse weather conditions
Date: 4th April 2019
Time: 10.00 am - 4.00 pm
Where: Mellor Parish Centre, Church Road, Mellor, Stockport. SK6 5LX
Places are limited so please book here to reserve your place.
All food is included. If you have any special dietary requirements please let me know in advance. If you have a yoga mat and blanket please bring it with you. I have spare mats available for anyone who needs one.
All yoga abilities are welcome. However please note that as walking is an inherent part of the day you must be fit and mobile enough to walk approximately 2- 3 miles over hilly ground.