Menopause Day Retreat - Yoga and nutrition
Come and learn how yoga can help you to navigate the menopause with confidence.
The approach of the menopause marks a transition in every woman's life. In modern society this is often made more challenging by looking after children and elderly parents combined with continuing work commitments. Both my workshops and day retreats aim to give you the tools to help you manage this transition with more ease and grace.
"Menopause can be a disconcerting experience. Just when you think you have your act together, manage your thoughts, feelings and emotions with more ease... just when you have finally reached a comfortable level of poise and self confidence, menopause causes you to sit up and take nothing for granted. "
- Janine O'Leary Cobb
Over the day you will:
- learn the different stages of menopause and how this effects you
- discover how nutrition can support you during this phase of life
- be guided through a range of therapeutic movement and breathing techniques
- learn the importance of deep relaxation
- nourish yourself with delicious organic, vegan lunch and healthy refreshments
- understand the role that essential oils can play in managing common menopausal symptoms
- have time away from your daily routine to nurture and support you own wellbeing
- meet other women who are experiencing menopause
Who is it suitable for?
This retreat day is perfect for:
- women experiencing menopause who would like to learn holistic strategies to manage their symptoms
- women approaching menopause who would like to find out how they can support this transition
- women of menopausal age who would like time out from their daily routine to nurture and support their own wellbeing
- women who are experiencing medical or surgical menopause who are seeking additional support
What to expect:
There will be refreshments waiting for you when you arrive.
There will be a morning yoga session combining soft flowing movements of Dru yoga with breathwork to help with common menopausal symptoms. This will be followed by a talk on how nutrition can support you during the menopause.
A healthy homemade lunch will be provided. All food will be organic and vegan.
After lunch, if the weather permits, we will take a mindful walk around the private estate of Yew Tree Farm to enjoy the fresh air and the healing power of being in nature.
The afternoon session will begin with an introduction to essential oils and sharing a hand massage sequence with each other. You will then get to experience the power of relaxing deeply with a guided yoga nidra and meditation to finish.
Day retreat programme
10.00 - 10.30 am Arrival and welcome
10.30 - 11.45 am Morning yoga session
11.45 - 12.00 Smoothie break
12.00 - 1.00 pm Nutrition talk
1.00 - 1.45 pm Lunch
1.45 - 2.15 pm Outside session: walking and yoga
2.15 - 3.00 pm Introduction to essential oils and hand massage
3.00 - 3.15 pm Break
3.15 - 4.00 pm Yoga nidra and mediation
3.45 - 4.00 pm Summary and closing questions
N.B. This programme is a guideline only and may be subject to change.
Why choose us?
Susan is a registered yoga therapist, Thai yoga massage practitioner and Dru yoga teacher. She believes that simple, therapeutic yoga techniques can help people to live their lives with more ease. She has a special interest in adapting yoga for women's health, and in particular how it can help women who are navigating the physical and mental challenges of the menopause.
She offers personalised individual therapy sessions as well as a range of general yoga classes.
Jeyanthi is a registered naturopathic nutritional therapist and doTerra wellness advocate. She is passionate about helping people with health conditions through her coaching programmes and natural remedies, such as essential oils. She believes that nature can heal. She offers personalised consultations from a holistic perspective, looking at the root cause of conditions.
Find out more about Jeyanthi's approach to health here.
Date: 18th April 2020
Start: 10.00 am
Finish: 4.00 pm
Venue: Yew Tree Wellness, Carr Lane, Alderley Edge. SK9 7SL
Investment: £75, Early bird £65 to the 22nd March 2020
All food and refreshment is included and is organic and vegan. If you have any other dietary requirements please let me know in advance.
If you have a yoga mat and blanket please bring it with you. I will have spare mats available for anyone who needs one.
All yoga abilities are welcome. However please note that as walking is an inherent part of the day you must be fit and mobile enough to walk approximately 1-2 miles.