Easeful Living Harvest Day Retreat - Loving the harvest and harvesting love
As we approach early September it is noticeable that the days are beginning to shorten and that the sun is loosening its powerful hold. With the Summer ending and the shift of rhythms back to school and work it is easy to forget that the Autumn has its own special joy too. You only have to look in the hedgerows at this time to see the bountiful harvest of blackberries, rosehips, acorns and beech nuts to know that this is true.
This year I will be running a yoga day retreat where I will be taking inspiration from this rich abundance in nature as a theme for the day. Using it as a cue to celebrate the Autumn season as a time to honour what has been working for us in our lives and to be able to give heartfelt thanks and gratitude for it. For when we can be thankful for the things that we have we begin to cultivate a beautiful spiral of gratitude, contentment and happiness.
"Perfect happiness is attained through contentment."
Yoga Sutras 2.42
Over the day you will:
- have time away from your daily routine to nurture and support your own wellbeing
- immerse yourself in yoga practices which supports the transition from Summer into Autumn so that you can manage your thoughts, feelings and emotions with more ease
- have space to listen deeply to your own intuition
- connect with nature and the seasonal rhythms allowing you to be more grounded, steady and unshakable in your mind and emotions
- have time to reflect on your own personal harvest in your life. What is working in your life and what is not? Who has helped you to realise your harvest and how can you thank them?
You will leave the day feeling connected to the earth and in harmony with the seasonal flow. You will also have had an opportunity to nurture your body and mind so that you feel deeply rested and rejuvenated. With this sense of revitalisation you can enter the Autumn with a sense of enthusiasm and direction for the coming months.
- This day would make an ideal introduction if you always had a desire to try yoga but are unable to make a regular class commitment
- The retreat is also for you if you already experienced yoga and want to take your knowledge to the next level
- Away from the hustle and bustle of daily life, this is for you if you want to spend time nurturing yourself and support your own wellbeing
Join me for a unique experience to learn how to develop a lifestyle more in tune with the seasons.
What to expect:
After meeting at the car park at Chadkirk Country Estate, we will take a short walk (about 10 minutes) along the Goyt River to get to our venue in a converted barn in The Dale in Marple. There will be a morning yoga session combining soft flowing movements of Dru yoga with breathwork. We will also use affirmations and mudra to cultivate a sense of abundance and gratitude in your life.
A lunch of hearty homemade soup and bread will be provided. All food will be vegetarian. Tea and cake will be available later in the afternoon.
After lunch we will take a walk around the private estate of Lower Dale Farm, pausing to connect with nature's harvest at this time of year and practicing a little yoga outside too.
The afternoon yoga session will be focused on relaxing deeply with a restorative yoga sequence, guided yoga nidra practice and meditation to finish.
Day retreat programme
9.45 am Meet at Chadkirk car park and then walk to the venue
10.00 - 10.30 am Arrive and welcome - tea and biscuits
10.30 - 12.15 pm Morning yoga session
12.15 - 1.00 pm Lunch
1.00 - 2.15 pm Walk through the beautiful Goyt Valley
2.15 - 2.45 pm Tea and cake
2.45 - 4.00 pm Afternoon yoga session including yoga nidra and mediation
4..00 pm Walk back to Chadkirk car park
N.B. This programme is subject to change in the event of adverse weather conditions
Date: 8th September 2019
Start: 9.45 am Meet at the main car park at Chadkirk Country Estate,
Vale Road, Romiley. SK6 3LB
Finish: 4.15 pm approximately
All food is included. If you have a yoga mat and blanket please bring it with you. I will have spare mats available for anyone who needs one.
All ages and yoga abilities are welcome. However please note that as walking is an inherent part of the day you must be fit and mobile enough to walk approximately 2- 3 miles.